Hispanic Leadership Development
Dates: Thursdays, February 26 - April 23, 2015
Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Location: UNM Graduate School of Management, Room 230
In collaboration with the Albuquerque Hispano Chamber of Commerce.
The number of Hispanic-owned businesses in the US has risen from 1.7 to 3.2 million over the past 10 years, a rate more than twice the average business growth rate. While opportunities for Hispanic professional are growing rapidly, it is important to network and form intercultural alliances to ensure your success.
The Anderson School of Management’s Hispanic Leadership Development program is designed for Hispanos who are in or aspire to managerial and executive levels of leadership. With a focus on both personal growth and cultural issues Hispanos face today, you will gain the tools you need to choose how YOU will lead.
Professionals everywhere are discovering the value of executive coaching. Working with an executive coach, your personal thinking partner, can help you gain perspective, understand your objectives, and make a road map to your goals. With your registration for Hispanic Leadership Development, you can experience 3 coaching sessions at a discounted rate.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100 off
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Hispanics in the public or private sector that want to increase their leadership and management skills
- Hispanics interested in creating a network of resources
- Managers interested in understanding the Hispanic cultural dynamic in business
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of cultural differences within leadership, and insights regarding self-promotion
- Leverage Hispanic social, economic, cultural, and political power to benefit your career and your organization
- Identify political alliances within your organization and “manage-up” the executive chain
How You Will Benefit:
- Overcome the obstacles that have traditionally hindered Hispanics from advancing their careers
- Develop a professional network of other local, ambitious, Hispanic professionals
- Advance your careers by expanding your leadership skills and your ability to contribute to your organizations, the community and the business sector.
Participants must attend 7 of the 8 sessions to receive a certificate.
- Latinos in the Workplace/Work-Life-Family Balance
- Leadership Styles
- Power and Influence
- Networking and Mentoring
- Conflict Management
- Strategic Opportunity Planning
- Putting It All Together
- David Cavazos
- Robert DelCampo
- Matthew Lawrence Rivera
- Jaqueline Hood
- "Never heard diversity presented this way! Great enthusiasm could feel the passion for the topic!" - Jennifer Marcell, Supervisor of Quality and Training