Hispanic Leadership Development
In Collaboration with:
Dates: Wednesdays, February 26 - April 16, 2014
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: GSM 318 Click here for map
Stretch your ability to act as team leader and team player and learn how to create and sustain the most effective business relationships. Understanding the cultural differences with regard to leadership will allow you to overcome the obstacles that traditionally hinder Latinos from advancing their careers. Learn how to use the powerful traction of Latino social, economic, cultural, and political power to the benefit you and your organization.
The Anderson School of Management’s Hispanic Leadership Development program is designed for Latino’s who are in or aspire to managerial and executive levels of leadership. With a focus on both personal growth and cultural issues Latino’s face today, you will gain the tools you need to compete for high-level organizational leadership positions.
- Early Bird Discount - $50 off
- Refer-a-Friend Discount - $50 off
- Group Discount - $100
- UNM Alumni, Faculty, and Staff qualify for the Group Discount
- Tuition Remission Accepted
Who Should Take this Course:
- Latinos in the public or private sector that want to increase their leadership and management skills
- Latinos interested in creating a network of resources
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of cultural differences within leadership, and insights regarding self-promotion
- Understand and leverage your personal leadership style
- Identify political alliances within your organization and “manage-up” the executive chain
How You Will Benefit:
- Advance your careers by expanding your leadership skills and your ability to contribute to your organizations, the community and the business sector.
- Enhance your communication among Hispanic leaders in the business community.
- Strengthen your ability to influence, coach and form professional relationships with others
Participants must attend 7 of the 8 sessions.
- Overview/Current State of Latinos in the Workplace/Work-Life-Family Balance
- Leadership Styles
- Power and Influence
- Networking and Mentoring
- Conflict Management
- Strategic Opportunity Planning
- Putting It All Together