Corporations, government agencies, and other organizations are discovering the immense benefits of mediation over traditional adversarial methods of dispute resolution. The financial cost of unresolved conflict is high, yet measurable. Costs of litigation and grievance-handling are dramatically reduced by early mediation, preventing further escalation. Mediation not only resolves conflicts - it increases productivity, saves time and money, creates a safer workplace, and promotes a climate of cooperativeness.
This program is excellent preparation for those who plan to enter the field of dispute resolution and mediation, as well as for all individuals interested in acquiring mediator skills. The techniques, approaches and skills learned in this class have benefited professionals in HR, supervisory or managerial roles, corporate executives, and sales professionals.
Students who successfully complete this 40 hour course are eligible for a Mediations Certificate allowing them to mediate professionally.
Who Should Take this Course
- Those whose job responsibilities include management of workplace conflict such as Human Resource Professionals, Corporate Executives, Nonprofit Directors and Managers, Union Officials, Office Administrators and Sales Professionals
- Professionals with a legal background or just an interest in the dispute mediation
- Organization development (OD) consultants, EAP, coaches, and other professionals
- Individuals who plan to enter the field of dispute resolution or mediation
- Individuals who would like to learn how to resolve interpersonal and family disputes
Following this course you will be able to:
- Utilize the skills used to assist parties with divergent interests to reach a resolution
- Engage in mediations to develop an understanding of the mediation process
- Recognize ethics in the field, opportunities in commercial mediation and arbitration, and how to start building a practice as a mediator
How You Will Benefit
- Improve your managerial skills
- Certification demonstrates credibility in your level of knowledge
- The truth is mediation skills are life skills!
Click here for more information about early and group registration discounts.
Graduate School of Management
1924 Las Lomas Road NE
East end of the Anderson Graduate School of Management Building (Building #87)
Yale Parking Structure
Parking is included in the cost of your program and is readily available at the
Yale Parking Structure. You can access the Yale Parking Structure from Yale Blvd.
From Lomas Blvd., turn south onto Yale Blvd. Parking Structure is on the east side of Yale
Blvd., one block from Lomas Blvd.
Click here for map
- You and Mediation: An Overview
- Think Like a Mediator/ Recognize and Dealing with Conflict's Root Causes
- Essential Mediator Skills
- Stages of Mediation Part I /Stages of Mediation Part II
- Mediation Live and In Person
- Advanced Mediator Skills/ We're All in This Together
- Bringing it All Together
- You Just Keep Getting Better/Closing
To receive the Anderson School's Certificate, participants must attend 37 of the 40 hours.
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.
Ms. Anne Lightsey
Anne Lightsey, when she was 23, Anne arrived in Brazil for a 2 year YMCA work assignment with no job description, no easily identifiable skills, and not able to speak a word of Portuguese. Yet the local CEO sensed potential, so he was willing to give her a shot. Soon enough she was fluently training others in vital life skills and guiding them forward to a future path of foreign travel, a program the YMCA continues to use to this day.
It was through this adventure that she discovered that creating and delivering customized trainings are both a passion and a gift, one for which she has received national awards and recognition. Her expertise includes training individuals and organizations in Mediation, Win-Win Communication Skills, Tools for Mastering Difficult Conversations, Strengthening Personal Resiliency, and Ethics -- to name a few. Today, Anne's talents enrich and change the lives of individuals in critical life stages and seeking personal development.