The marketing field is a magnet for those who want interesting, diverse, challenging, and creative work. Successful marketing professionals combine creative, out-of-the-box thinking with strategic planning and research skills, a savvy understanding of consumer psychology, and more.
The Integrated Marketing Program is designed to provide participants with a solid foundation in marketing fundamentals and skills that can be applied immediately on the job. Taught by experienced practitioners, this program addresses real-life issues in today's rapidly changing and highly competitive business environment.
Who Should Take this Course:
- Professionals whose job responsibilities include any element of marketing including advertising, public relations, media and sales
- Those who are being asked to take on increased marketing and/or social media responsibilities as part of your existing job requirements
- Nonprofit, government and institutional organizations who need to understand how the pivotal role of marketing can play a key role in the success of their organization
- Individuals who want to incorporate marketing into future career plans and expand their résumé
- Organizations who are committed to developing their staff to make significant strategic contributions to the marketing plan
NOTE: For those with no marketing background, the separate 1 day program Introduction to Integrated Marketing Essentials is strongly recommended (but not required).
What You Will be Able to Do:
- Know what marketing is and how to develop a targeted marketing strategy
- Find and utilize the latest online marketing tools and trends for PR and social media
- Identify how market research works and how to conduct it
- Recognize how to maximize search engine marketing
- Understand why branding is so important and how to use it
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns
How You Will Benefit:
- Increase your opportunity to reach your audience
- Gain an integrated marketing perspective that will help you maximize the impact of your total marketing effort
- Add a network of new professional acquaintances and contacts
- Market Research and Planning
- Target Marketing
- Brands and Positioning
- PR and Advertising for the Social Media Age
- Guerilla/Buzz and Viral Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Part I
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Part II
- Integrating your Campaigns and Measuring Your Results
To receive the Anderson School's Certificate of Completion, participants must attend 7 of the 8 sessions.
Click on an instructor's name to learn more about that person.
Mr. Wally Drangmeister
Mr. Wally Drangmeister, is a communications professional with a broad background in business and entrepreneurial ventures. Throughout his career he has worked to develop great strategies that work in the real world when implemented. Wally has experience with technology start-up businesses, venture capital investing, and strategic and financial planning. He has worked for companies in extractive industries, water, natural gas, electric utilities and financial services.
Ms. Sophie Martin, MBA
Sophie S. Martin, MBA, began working in communications at an age when most kids are mowing lawns
for pocket money. Her first job involved answering the fan mail at Sesame Street, and since then she's
directed marketing, promotions, social media, and public relations for a broad range of clients in
entertainment, education, and nonprofit advocacy.
In Los Angeles, Sophie held the position of Marketing Director for Theatre LA, where she started the
organization's wildly successful Theater Times advertising program in the Los Angeles Times. Past marketing
clients also include The Princeton Review in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Repertory Company, and French & French
Fine Properties in Santa Fe. With the Santa Fe-based EMPR, where she placed media coverage for clients
including the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, Los Angeles Opera, Santa Fe Art Institute, and The College of Santa Fe.
In Albuquerque, Sophie has worked as the Director of Marketing & Operations for Madstone Theaters, the
Marketing Director for the Ovation Series at Popejoy Hall, and Chief Marketing Officer for the UNM Anderson
School of Management. She is the past Managing Editor of the Duke City Fix, a past president of the New
Mexico Advertising Federation, and a two-time honoree on the New Mexico Business Weekly's Forty Under 40 list.
Sophie has an MBA from the University of New Mexico and a BA in Theatre from Occidental College, and is
currently in her final year at UNM's School of Law. She has supplemented her legal studies in Entertainment
and New Media Law at the University of New Hampshire School of Law and is the current Editor in Chief of the
New Mexico Law Review.
Ms. Kerry Perry
Ms. Kerry Perry, MBA, is the founder and President of KP Sports and Entertainment, LLC. KP Sports partners with NCAA Division 1 College athletic programs throughout the country in marketing and selling corporate sponsorship, ticket sales and other revenue generating areas. Over the past 6 years, Kerry has led KP Sports to becoming one of the fastest growing companies in the collegiate sports marketing industry.
Prior to KP Sports, Kerry enjoyed a very successful 14 year career with Pitney Bowes, Inc. In her several leadership roles, Kerry was recognized as one of the most consistent and successful leaders in the company. She achieved numerous national awards and distinctions and set many revenue and sales records in the positions held throughout her career.
Kerry earned a MBA with an emphasis in International Management and Marketing and BA with honors from the University of New Mexico. Kerry is an Adjunct Professor at Anderson Schools of Management at the University of New Mexico. Kerry has served as a member and held leadership roles in Women and Executive Leadership Associations, the American Marketing Association and various chambers throughout the country.
Mr. Stacy Sacco
Mr. Stacy Stacco, heads up WESST's Rio Rancho Regional office where he helps start and grow small businesses, and connects them to low interest loans. He is also an award-winning adjunct professor and has taught sales and marketing courses at UNM Anderson School of Management in both the entrepreneurial studies track and MBA programs for over 12 years.
Stacy has over 25 years' experience in marketing management with Avco Financial Services, Hyundai, Transamerica, Kirtland Federal Credit Union and the Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce. He has served as the President of both the New Mexico and Orange County Chapters of the American Marketing Association, publishes several lists including a monthly marketing job list and the New Mexico Directory of Professional Associations, and hosts the annual NM MARCOM Mixer which brings together over 350 members of the key marketing-related clubs statewide.
Stacy has been recognized as one of 100 Power Brokers by the New Mexico Business Weekly and received the NMAMA's Marketer of Excellence Award for his contribution to professionalism statewide. He earned his MBA from Pepperdine University and Bachelor's Degree in Marketing from the University of Arizona.